Downtown Frederick Mission Interior
The Partnership can offer up to $5,000 in matching grants to improve the interior of your retail business. Interested in applying? For the Spring 2017 grant round, a total of $20,000 in grant funding is available. Applications are due by 5pm on Wednesday, March 22, 2017.
Eligible business owners and/or building owners can apply for up to 50% of the cost of their improvement project. Applications which provide greater than a 50% match are more competitive. The maximum grant request is $5,000. The minimum grant request is $500.
Who can apply for funding?
Mission Interior is focused on improving retail spaces. Locations that house either retail shops or restaurants are eligible for funding. Either building owners or store owners with authorization from the property owner can apply for funding. See the application for complete details.
What types of improvements are eligible for funding?
Funds can support interior capital improvements including (but not limited to) flooring, dry wall/plaster, fire suppression systems, barrier-free access enhancements and more. See the application for complete details.
- Download the 2017 Mission Interior Application here.
- Applicants must submit a completed application form by 5pm on Wednesday, March 22, 2017.
- The Partnership's Business Development Committee will review the completed applications received by the deadline and rank them by criteria listed in the application.
- The Partnership will notify applicants of the Business Development Committee's decisions.
- The Partnership will forward the applications selected for funding to the Maryland Historic Trust (MHT) as required by the State of Maryland. MHT has 30 days to review the project.
- The Partnership will issue a letter of commitment when MHT approval is granted.
Find complete program details in the application. Contact the Partnership at 301.698.8118 with any questions.