Invest in Downtown Frederick
Each year, the Partnership tackles strategic initiatives to bring more residents and employees to Downtown Frederick, offers an exciting season of events and works closely with downtown businesses and partners to continue to strengthen and improve Downtown Frederick.
The Partnership is proud to celebrate 25 years of accomplishments:
- Funded more than 100 façade improvement projects to improve buildings
- Held more than 120 First Saturdays resulting in millions of dollars spent in Downtown Frederick. An average First Saturday welcomes over 14,000 visitors, resulting in $502,900 in business each month
- Offered nearly 40 Competitive Edge sessions to downtown businesses. Competitive Edge offers instruction on a variety of topics that directly impact a business– marketing, event planning, HR development, customer service
- Welcomed nearly 80,000 people to Alive @ Five, a weekly happy hour with live music
- Coordinated more than 100,000 volunteer hours through committees and events
- Worked with more than 250 businesses in Downtown Frederick
Our vision for 2020:
Live, Work, Stay, Play, and Connect Downtown
We have organized our strategic plan into five themes that will be carried out over the next five years
- Live Downtown: Welcome 335 new residents by 2020.This multi-year effort will enable Frederick to reuse, adapt, and grow our building stock, and remove regulatory barriers to continued development.
- Work Downtown: Add 200 new jobs, particularly in the tech industry, and maintain 3,200 public sector employees in Downtown Frederick.
- Stay Downtown: Add 200+ overnight roomsby advocating for a downtown hotel and conference center that will bring $25 million annually to the Frederick community.
- Play Downtown: Bring more people to shop, eat, and experience Downtown Frederick. Increasing our marketing efforts to attract new visitors to Frederick and creating new, seasonal attractions are a priority.
- Connect Downtown: Connect downtown neighborhoodsby supporting downtown circulator projects such as increasing the connection between East Patrick and East Street corridors, and other underutilized sites.
Are you a neighborhood resident looking for a way to give back to your neighborhood? Or just someone who loves Downtown Frederick? Check out our investor benefits below:
Maryland State tax credits which directly reduce tax liability are available for investments over $500 made to the Partnership. If you are interested in more information, please click here.