Planning a trip to Downtown Frederick? You'll find helpful information, parking details and more below. Also check out our downtown map.
By Rail: Maryland Rail Commuter (MARC) connects Frederick to Baltimore and Washington. From AMTRAK’s Baltimore and Washington stations, MARC rail will transport you to our three stations in Brunswick, Downtown Frederick or Point of Rocks.
By Car: Major highways that access the county are I-70, I-270, US 15, US 40, US 40A, and US 340. Frederick County's highway network makes the county easily accessible by automobile and motor coach.
By Bicycle: Check out the printable bicycle map here and take full advantage of downtown's bike-friendly atmosphere.
By Horse Drawn Carriage: During the winter holiday season, the City of Frederick’s Park and Recreation Department (301.600.1492) offers horse drawn carriage rides for a fee. The rides take participants on a tour of Downtown Frederick highlighting history and holiday decorations.
Parking: Downtown Frederick's parking options include five public parking garages, surface parking lots and on-street parking. Check out the color coded downtown map to help you identify the best parking for your planned destination.
- Carroll Creek Public Parking Garage – 44 E Patrick St
- Church Street Public Parking Garage – 17 E Church St
- Court Street Public Parking Garage – 2 S Court St
- East All Saints Public Parking Garage – 125 E All Saints St
- West Patrick Street Garage – 138 W Patrick St
- Everedy Square Parking (free parking for patrons) – 8 N East St
- Shab Row Parking (free parking for patrons) – 130 N East St
- North Market Street Public Parking Lot – 331 N Market St
- Transit Center (MARC Station) Public Parking Lot – behind the Marc Station, which is located on East Street; lot is accessible off of Wisner Street
24 hours per day, Monday through Sunday, the public parking garages charge $1 per hour. The maximum daily rate between the hours of 6:30AM and 3:30PM is $12 and the maximum nightly rate (3:30PM until 6:30AM) is $5. Daily rates begin at 6:30AM each day. On Sunday, the public parking garages offer free parking from 8AM until 2PM. Monthly passes are available for $97 per month and can be purchased at the parking department office.
On-street metered parking is $2 per hour on the following blocks:
- 0-99 block of S Market St
- 0-299 block of N Market St
- 0-199 block of E Patrick St
- 0-199 block of W Patrick St
- 0-99 block of E Church St
- 0-99 block of W Church St
On-street metered parking is $1 per hour at all other parking meters.
There is a two hour parking limit at all parking meters, unless otherwise noted. Meters can be paid using coins, or by using the Parkmobile app (available on iPhone, Android, Windows Phone 7 and Blackberry) or preloaded cards (which can be purchased and reloaded at the parking department).
Metered parking is free after 5PM Monday through Saturday and free on Sundays.
During the holiday shopping season, on-street and public garage parking is FREE every weekend (Saturdays 8AM until Mondays 6AM) between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day. Street parking and the public parking garages also are free on Frosty Friday (the Friday after Thanksgiving).
To contact the City of Frederick Parking Department, please call 301.600.1429.