fun, friendly, downtown frederick
come play around downtown
dance the night away
you'll want to jump for joy
find your pot-o-gold downtown
musical magic on the creek
- Friday, November 25, 2011 • 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Downtown Frederick opens early and stays up late on Frosty Friday with restaurants and stores operating from 9am - 9pm! Start off your holiday shopping right with an early breakfast and enjoy characters, carolers and entertainment both on and off the streets of downtown throughout the day. Indulge in FREE hot cocoa and gift wrapping. You might see Frosty the Snowman himself, Scrooge, the Grinch or even Ol' Saint Nick!
- Frosty the Snowman and his Snowflakes will visit the following restaurants specially open for breakfast on Frosty Friday:
Volt from 8 - 8:40am
Magoo's from 8:50 - 9:30am
Brewer's Alley from 9:40 - 10:20am
The Wine Kitchen from 10:30am - 11:10am
- The Grinch will make an early morning attempt to steal Christmas at the following downtown eateries:
Subway from 8 - 8:40am
Beans & Bagels from 8:50 - 9:30am
Moxie from 9:40 - 10:20am
Frederick Coffee Company from 10:30 - 11:15am
- Morning carriage rides will be available between 10am - 1pm. Line forms at 124 N Market Street, suggested donation $10 per rider. No reservations - rides will be given first come, first served.
- Afternoon Meet & Greet with Frosty and the Grinch at the Cultural Arts Center (15 W Patrick Street) between 4 - 6:30pm. Have your picture taken with the Grinch or give Frosty a hug!
- Adult Happy Hours at the following locations between 4 - 7pm featuring holiday themed specialty drinks:
The Cellar Door
Mick's New American Bistro
- Free Hot Cocoa presented by BB&T Bank at the Square Corner (N Market and Patrick Streets)
- Earn a free holiday gift at the Snowflake Tree! Purchase items from a minimum of two different downtown shops or restaurants with a combined total of at least $100. Bring your receipts to the Cultural Arts Center (15 N Market), present them to our volunteers, pick a snowflake from the tree and walk away with your present! From 10am - 9pm.
- Santa Claus arrives in Everedy Square and will visit with children inside his workshop from 7-8pm.
- For overnight travelers, take advantage of the Frosty Friday Special Rate of $69 per night on Thursday, November 25th and Friday, November 26th at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. For more information, call 301.631.2000.
- See the full brochure here